Re: using old Adobe post script fonts

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 07:51:44PM -0400, David Teague wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have 3.5 inch floppies containing installation files for  Adobe
> postscript  fonts (these were for Windows 3.1).
[snip]
> I paid about $100  for this stuff.  I would like to use them. I hope some
> one can tell me how to use these with Linux. My  wife would be overjoyed
> to be able to use them with here Windows box.

Mmm, are any of those fonts different from the Adobe fonts you probably
already have installed? (Helvetica, Bookman, Courier, Times, Zapf
Dingbats, etc...)

Anyway, you can use them.  You might want to see some of the Font
HOWTO's for details.  Briefly: Copy them to some directory.  Change
to that directory and run "type1inst", make the directory available
to X and ghostscript...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>