Re: DMA errors on hard drive, but why?

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 06:23, James Green wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got two Maxtor IDE hard drives. They have been working fine, but since I
> moved them into drive caddies I've been getting the following messages in
> dmesg output for the second drive:
[snip]
> What should I do to diagnose this fault? Many thanks.

Since all you say that you changed is putting them in caddies,
take them out of the caddies and see if you still get the errors.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net         |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81     |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea   |
|  which could only have originated in California."           |
|  --Edsger Dijkstra                                          |