Re: Installing debian

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 11:00 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 18:17, FreeportWeb Debian Support Account wrote:
> > Which leads to my question.  Once you have that up and
> > running, whats the best way to install KDE?
>
> As a former KDE 2.2.1 user (in my Mandrake days) who thinks
> that KDE has it's strong points, I must ask: why use KDE?

konsole is a great replacement for any *term.  I prefer it over any
other that I've used.

KMail works great.  I can configure it for multiple email addresses,
POP3 or imap, to use my local Sendmail or my ISP's MTA.

Konqueror is as close a replacement for IE that I've found on Linux.

I prefer to use FVWM as my window manager.  KDE allows me to use the
KDE desktop with FVWM as the window manager.

KDE has several very handy utilities that I frequently use.

Glen