Problems installinf XFree 4.2 on Woody

Greetings...

Today I tried to install XFree 4,2 in my Woody system, first making a
copy of the directories/usr/X11R6 and/etc/X11. After installing the new
version (I had 4,1) KDM stopped working, although GDM works well.

The main problem that I have is that, although when executing startx the
video works perfectly, when changing to text mode and returning to the
graphics mode the video appears distorted and sometimes the monitor
turns off.

There is some way to configure the XF86Config-4 file? I have tried to
use "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and although the configuration
goes well there always appears that problem with the video.

The error that appears to me in log of KDM is: "kdm: relocation error:
kdm: undefined symbol: _ XdmcpWrapperToOddParity "

In the log of XFree does not appear any error referring to the video. My
card is a S3 Trio 64 V+ and I use the S3 module (for that reason I
upgraded to 4,2).

Thank you very much for any help you can offer to me to solve this
problem.

Ronald Castillo
ronaldace@cantv.net