Floppy Installation

Hi all,
   Previously I installed Debian on my (Sun Ultra 5 sparc) system using
CDs. Now, I am looking for other ways to install it. Right now, we install
Redhat using a minimal image on a floppy and boot the system and install
the OS from our local mirror using http. I am looking something similar to
that on Debian also. I just want to use a basic image on a single floppy
and install the entire OS from our local mirror using http. I looked into
the docs, it listed many ways to install, but the one using floppies
consume lot of them and I dont think that is right way to do. Do you think
using the rescue and root images will help. Can anyone suggest me ways to
do what I want? Please cc me as I am not on the list.

thanks in advance,
Aravind