Re: problems with running remote X programs

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:48:08AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Over a local, switched fast ethernet connection, what kind of
> performance drain will I see tunneling through ssh?  Both boxen
> are GHz+.
I only have an 650 MHz, so I cannot say how it will work on your system.
Most programs can be used without any seeable delay, but there are speed
problems with videos and some games (100 MBit). On a wireless lan with
eleven megabit, it takes some time to start programs, but then they are
usable without much problems.

--
Benedikt Wildenhain
May the tux be with you.