Re: so how do the pros read all those .gz docs, zless?

On  0, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> > I put ' LESSOPEN="|/usr/bin/lesspipe %s" ' in /etc/profile, and less
> > will transparently unzip and display the file.
>
> Does debian ship /usr/bin/lesspipe?  In what package?  I always have
> it set to LESSOPEN="|lesspipe.sh %s" and it finds ~/bin/lesspipe.sh in
> my home directory.

# dpkg -S /usr/bin/lesspipe
less: /usr/bin/lesspipe

There you go.  In woody, at least.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"There are few things more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own."
	- Doug Larson

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au