Re: XF86Config-4

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 09:47:42PM -0400, Andrew Biggadike wrote:
> I initially configured X to use a mouse type of ImPS/2, which caused
> some strange behavior, so I changed it to PS/2 in the XF86Config-4
> file.  It works well now, however when I did an 'apt-get dist-upgrade'
> it reverted back to the initial debconf setting and I had to go back and
> change the config file.
>
> Is there a way that I can change just that setting - 'dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86' wants all of the settings - so that in the future my
> current settings stay as is.

You might have to move the whole of that InputDevice section outside the
'### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION' to '### END DEBCONF SECTION' markers if you
want to manage it yourself.

> I peeked around a bit and it seems that
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/xerver-xfree86.config might be a place that I could
> do this.

/var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xfree86.config is a maintainer script, not a
configuration file - I wouldn't recommend changing it.

You might also be able to use 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' and
just hit Enter for most of it? The defaults should be what you
originally selected.