Re: Why does dpkg prompt for unchanged conffiles during upgrade?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:37:10AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Why is it prompting for these when I have not modified them at all
> > AFAIK?  Is this a bug in dpkg or a packaging error?  Anyone know?
>
> You'll have to compare MD5 checksums to figure that out. Without those
> we really can't say anything.

I think some of these packages might be fucking around with the files.
I've recently been seeing a bunch of conffiles declared changed during Gimp
upgrades and I honestly can't remember even knowing those conffiles of
theirs existed. The diff, of course, was just the additions made in the new
version of each conffile, no local change at all. It's quite annoying.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.