Re: Handspring Visor (PalmOS, USB) sync'ing w/ Evolution?

Jenny,

  The usbvisor site at SourceForge is another good source of
  information.

    http://usbvisor.sourceforge.net/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbvisor/

  Check out the mailing list archives for
  usbvisor-unix@lists.sourceforge.net (located above) too.

marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp writes:
> Do what you can, and come back if you have any more questions.

Marshal,

  Today I did a "modprobe visor" and was encouraged by a series of
  messages culminating with:

     kernel: visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor, Palm m50x, Sony Clié driver v1.5

  But, when I plugged in my Palm 505 (OS 4.0 on Linux 2.4.18) and hit
  the hotsync button, the log file was disappointingly quiet.

  Now, both my printer and mouse make lots of noise in the log file when
  they are added or removed, and work, so I know my USB system is OK.
  I've been using this Palm device to sync with the serial cradle in the
  meantime.

  I've done a soft reset to no avail. Next is a hard reset. I'd
  appreciate any additional tips that I can use to get my USB subsystem
  to recognize my Palm! (What are the odds that my USB cradle is
  defective?)

  Once that is out of the way, I see that Ben Darnell has a recent
  version of pilot-link bundled up that handles USB...

    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=141211&repeatmerged=yes

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!