Re: VmWare on Woody

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 15:26, Colin Watson wrote:
> I believe it's there for extracting files manually from RPMs, building
> RPMs, and that sort of thing. Using it to install packages on your live
> system is dangerous because there's no protection against RPM packages
> stomping all over things that dpkg has installed; if you use alien, you
> get that protection.

Thank's that was interesting. With time I will probably learn...:-)

Now when I run the tarball installation I can't seem to give the
installer the right information when it asks me:
*What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running kernel?*

Cheers,
Helgi Örn

--
~~~~~ This message is digitally signed - GPG key at: ~~~~
~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/gnupg_public_key.html> ~~