Re: sylpheed and woody

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:50:04 -0300 Marcelo Chiapparini <chiappa@uerj.br>
wrote:

> I am trying to give sylpheed a try in an Athlon machine which runs
> woody. I would like to hear about the experience of other users of
> this list. Actually I've installed sylpheed but since the installation
> I am having random freezes of X Windows...

Have been using it for over 6 months (using 0.7.6 now), with no real
problems. It shows its youth plenty, especially in the editor, but it
has a few features I would now find hard to live without:

1) small and very fast.

2) keeps mails in individual files (a plus in my book), nicely organized
within the directory tree.

3) can be configured to *not* get mail from anywhere (cheerfully
accepting mail "magically" appearing within its mail directory tree) and
to deliver outgoing mail to my MDA. This makes sylpheed fit perfectly
within my mail chain.

4) very easy to use due to its graphical interface (can't imagine my
wife memorizing all the keystrokes in mutt...).

Highly recommended.

Cheers,

--
Carlos Sousa