Re: Debian is not GNU [at least current GNU]

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:

> as I said, two years ago I found that random awk scripts worked
> better with mawk than gawk, this has likely changed.

Err, actually you claimed that this (i.e. 'random awk scripts
work[ing] better') is why mawk is the default, but that's complete and
utter rubbish.  Mawk is the default because it's small.  It's been the
default for as long as I can remember and/or have been in Debian which
is considerably more than 2 years.  (I'm also sceptical that you found
valid awk scripts that "work better" with mawk versus gawk, but that's
largely a side issue)

--
James