Re: Make eth0 be eth1, something like eth0=eth1?

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:41:29AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 09:46, AE Roy wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a way in which I can turn my eth0 into eth1. I've been
> > thru all the files in /etc/network but I didn't find what I'm looking for.
>
> I've never used it, but according to the manpage, nameif can do this.
>
> see man 8 nameif.

You should be able to switch the modprobe lines in /etc/modules.conf.
In debian, this means changing the file in /etc/modutils that has the
aliases for eth0 and eth1.
You'll probably also have to change the interface information in
/etc/network/interfaces, unless you use dhcp for both cards.
--
Nick