Re: Software work-around for broken BIOS clock?

On Monday 10 June 2002 13:21, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:

> I have to admit that I haven't measured the resistance (although I
> have a multimeter lying around somewhere). What amount of resistance
> should I expect on a good system?

Don't know exactly, but if res is low between battery + contact and case
and/or between battery + and - without battery inserted something could
be fishy. Haven't checked, though and I'm not too much into
electronics. It's just that slightly shifted (or suplus) board
stand-offs can cause anything from small erratic currents up to board
incineration.

Your friend in measuring could be the diode-check setting if your
multimeter has one (beep on very low res). If that's going off between
the measuring points mentioned, the battery is likely shorted.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!