Courier-Imap

All,

I installed Courier-Imap today so I could get SSL IMAP support.

It doesn't appear to work.  When I try to connect (with a standard
mail client) it fails.  Upon sniffing the network one will see the following:

From Client: 1 LOGIN "user" "pass"
From Server: * BYE  [ALERT] Fatal error: Maildir: No such file or directory

The client's request is correct and in compliance with the RFC.
I have looked through all the config files and things seem to be normal...
In case anyone wanted to view it I have attached it...

From what I can tell, the server cannot find the user's mailbox (which does exist
in /var/spool/mail (which is a symlink to /var/mail))

BTW, I am not a member of this list so please CC me on any replies...

I would appreciate any insight,

Phil
# $Id: imapd.config.in,v 1.9 2000/02/15 05:16:08 mrsam Exp $
#
#  Copyright 1998 - 1999 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for
#  distribution information.
#
#  This configuration file sets various options for the Courier-IMAP server
#  when used with the couriertcpd server.
#  A lot of the stuff here is documented in the manual page for couriertcpd.
#
#  NOTE - do not use \ to split long variable contents on multiple lines.
#  This will break the default imapd.rc script, which parses this file.

#  Address to listen on, can be set to a single IP address.
#
# ADDRESS=127.0.0.1

ADDRESS=0

#  You better have a good reason for changing the port

PORT=143

#
#  Maximum number of IMAP servers started
#

MAXDAEMONS=20

#
#  Maximum number of connections to accept from the same IP address

MAXPERIP=3

#
#  File where couriertcpd will save its process ID
#

PIDFILE=/var/run/imapd.pid

#
# Miscellaneous couriertcpd options that shouldn't be changed.
#

TCPDOPTS="-forcebind -nodnslookup -noidentlookup"

#
# Authentication modules.  Here's the default list:
#
#    authcram authuserdb authpam authldap authmysql
#
# The default is set during the initial configuration.
#

AUTHMODULES="authpam"

#
# If this version of Courier-IMAP includes support for CRAM-MD5
# authentication (the authcram authentication modules gets compiled and
# installed), you may set IMAP_CAPABILITY as follows:
#
# IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 NAMESPACE AUTH=CRAM-MD5"
#
# Otherwise, leave it set to the default:

IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 NAMESPACE"

#
# Set IMAP_USELOCKS to 1 if you experience weird problems when using IMAP
# clients that open multiple connections to the server.  I would hope that
# most IMAP clients are sane enough not to issue commands to multiple IMAP
# channels which conflict with each other.
#

IMAP_USELOCKS=0

#
# Purge messages from the Trash folder after this number of days.  This is
# mainly for Netscape Communicator client, which automatically moves
# deleted messages into Trash.  Remove this variable complete to disable
# Trash purging.
#

IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=7

#
# IMAPDSTART is not used directly.  Rather, this is a convenient flag to
# be read by your system startup script in /etc/rc.d, like this:
#
#  . /usr/libexec/imapd.config
#
#  case x$IMAPDSTART in
#  x[yY]*)
#        /usr/libexec/imapd.rc start
#  esac
#
# The default setting is going to be NO, so you'll have to manually flip
# it to yes.

IMAPDSTART=YES