Re: converting html messages to plaintext

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 08:22:14PM +0300, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
| On 2002-06-09 12:10 +0000, Greg Norris <haphazard@kc.rr.com> wrote:
| > I'd like to convert messages from html to text, for a few specific
| > mailing lists.  Is there a procmail recipe for this?
|
| Since you seem to be using mutt, the following line in .mailcap:
|
| text/html; w3m -F -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput
|
| and the following line in .muttrc:
|
| auto_view text/html
|
| should do the trick.

Also add

# prefer the plain text version
alternative_order text/plain text/html

to your .muttrc so that if a message has both a text/plain and
text/html part mutt will display the plain, not the html, version.

-D

--

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from