Re: iomega parallel port zip drive

On Sunday 09 June 2002 07:12 am, robert jorgenson wrote:
> If i did this why not just get a kernel image from debian? Unless im really
> trying to keep my kernel footprint small which doesn't really matter much.
> I first wanted to compile just to know i could :) But now i want to get it
> to work :) i will try this though.

i've found that the cpu optimization in kernels prior to 2.4.17 created a
conflict that prevented usb ports being recognized. when i went with i386,
the conflict disappeared. since the athlon optimization is relatively new,
it's possible that it's contributing to the problem you're having--that's
all. if you can't get the most basic cpu configuration to work, then it's
more likely to be a device configuration problem.

ben