Re: Help

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 04:29:35PM +0300, yufufi wrote:
> I still need help on Turkish fonts under debian if you could help me that
> will be great.
>
> Here are some example problems:
> ->  I can't use Turkish fonts in xterm

I use the following command to start xterm from another xterm:

xterm -fn -*-fixed-medium-r-*-*-20-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-9

You should choose a font available on your system (e.g., using "xlsfonts
|grep 'fixed.*iso8859-9$'" command).

I believe this can be made the default via X resources, but I don't know
how.

> ->  Netscape can display them but I can't use them in forms , mails etc

I suppose you mean Netscape 4.x. There are many methods to do that. I've
tried aliasing iso8859-9 fonts as iso8859-1, but that didn't work for
me. I need some time to investigate...

> ->  fonty package can solve the font problem in console , but I can't use
> that package now for some other reason and my fonts are wrong under console
> too..

I haven't use fonty. If your keyboard setup works, your should see
Turkish letters on the console with the following command:

consolechars -f iso09.f16 -m iso09

You should have console-tools and console-data packages installed (I've
tested that on sid).

Hope this helps. Please write whether these solve your problems or not.
Please CC to me since I'm not subscribed.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.