Re: shell script problem (was: Re: [OT] rearranging data files)

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 07:14:03PM +0200, Jörg Johannes wrote:
| > Hm.
| >
| > If
| >     ./col2row.sh
| > gives "Keine Berechtigung", but this one works:
| >     sh ./col2row.sh
| >
| > then you most likely put the script on a filesystem that has been
| > mounted with the "noexec" attribute. Sometimes people mount /tmp this
| > way. Another test of this would be to copy /bin/ls to the same location
| > and trying "./ls".
| >
| > (Note that mounting a filesystem with noexec does nothing for security,
| > as it is easily overcome)
| >
| > Using /bin/sh (or /bin/ksh or /bin/bash) shouldn't really matter here;
| > although I have only really tested it with bash (my /bin/sh is a symlink
| > to /bin/bash).
|
| Hello Karl
|
| I can't try out at the moment (I'm not at my own box now), but a "noexec"
| mounted filesystem should not be the cause for this issue. I could run the perl
| and python scripts just this way. Any other idea?

What does "Keine Berechtigung" mean?   Is it literally "Permission
Denied"?  If so, try
    chmod u+x ./col2row.sh
and run it again.  Also make sure the script starts with a correct #!
line.

-D

--

For society, it's probably a good thing that engineers value function
over appearance.  For example, you wouldn't want engineers to build