Re: Any X10 users out there ?

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 06:46:44AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > I was wondering if there are any debian users on this list who control
> > their X10 stuff with their debian machine? Is it possible ?
>
> Probably, but I recommend against it.  Take a stand against spam.  X10
> advertises primarily by way of spam and popups.

Err, no.  x10.com spams, but they are not X10.  There are plenty of
other sources of X10 stuff out there.  X10 is simply a protocol.  It's
unfortunate that the x10.com domain went to the jerks it did, because
most people don't realize that there are other vendors out there.

Try smarthome.com.  Hell, try Radio Shack, they sell X10 stuff too.
Although then you're signed up for postal spam, which isn't much better.

noah