Re: WM Suggestions

begin  Robert L. Harris  quotation:

> Ok,  running gnome at work.  Been useing Sawfish-gnome as my window
> manager.  I'm having problems with the system hanging randomly with no
> error messages, etc.  The only thing I haven't eliminated yet is sawfish
> and gnome.

Sounds more like a kernel or hardware issue to me. You've somehow
eliminated those possibilities? Really?

I've used GNOME/Sawfish for over a year with no similar problems.

> Anyone have any suggestions on a good gnome-compliant window
> manager, preferably one that's semi-light weight as I'm running on a
> dual p2-450 with 512 megs of ram.

If you really want to dump Sawfish and you're using Woody or Sid, you
might try Fluxbox. It's a Blackbox derivative with GNOME support and
many other enhancements.

Craig