Re: Software work-around for broken BIOS clock?

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:10:51PM +0100, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
| Problem: I have a machine that keeps loosing it's CMOS settings.
| Changing battery works - for a couple of weeks.

My dad has an old machine (486DX2) that has had the battery replaced a
few times.  Last time it died, he didn't want to spend the money on a
new one, so instead he wired up a little mount for AA batteries and
has that sitting in there :-).  Next time they die, it'll just be some
AA batteries rather than a lithium one to replace.

-D

--

Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;