LILO and consumers

Hello,

This comment is related to red hat linux installation but since it is just
a coment on LILO in general I have posted it here.

I really don't think that the linux documentation is very straightforward.
First, the toggle boot flag operation seems to be one that can nail
novices. Second, making a MBR and trying to decide between the defaults and
some custom configuration is annoying since the documentation does not seem
to indicate the consequences down the road of not following the default
configuration. Does debian even give you an option of not making a boot
disk....Why? Unless you are a guru you just shot yourself in the foot.

Then there was the response about reversing the controller cables.

Good luck to all......

John F. Richardson