Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 11:18:29AM -0700, David Wright wrote:
> in the interest of Debian getting to
> know the needs of its customers (a phrase calculated to annoy Manoj :-),
> what are the percentage users of potato, woody, and sid? I assume this
> could be estimated from average daily activity for each archive.

I doubt that this would be a useful metric, given that people
tracking less-stable versions are likely to be updating more
frequently.  (I'll periodically apt-get upgrade my testing/unstable
systems just to see what's new, but I only touch apt on my stable
boxes when a security update is announced.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss