gdm gdmchooser gdmXnestchooser

I run sid on two computers and have problem understanding how gdm works.

What I want to do is run gdmXnestchooser to connect to the other
computer. I get the gdmchooser screen but after I select one it just
restarts the gdmchooser again.

I have verified that Xnest works and remote program can connect.

Also should it not be possible to choose another computer than the local
one directly from the greeter screen? I never get the gdmchooser to show
itself. After all what is the [chooser] section in gdm.conf really for.