Re: this post is not off-topic

Manoj wrote:

>       What the non free world does, or does not do, does not
> affect release decisions for Debian. We release when we are ready. We
> are not yet ready. Period.

I think what some people fear is that this implementation of the Debian philosophy
might prove self-destructive. A certain amount of developing is required to
keep Debian competative. If Debian develops too slowly, developers may
leave, slowing down the development, entering a vicious circle. I seem to read
lots of reports about people unhappy with current affairs and leaving, though that
might be selective observation. What happens when the amount of developers
falls below the critical level?

sincerely,

Ivo Wever
I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl