SSH stopped working

I have been using SSH for a long time in my network (local network,
through firwalls, into other supported networks, etc) without problems.

Recently, I found that I cannot get a connection with some remote
machines.

When I try to make a connection, I get the following error:

ssh_exchange-identifiaction: Connection closed by remote host

When I try with debuging on:

ssh -v -v -v <host>

It appears to die just when the SSH protocol negotiation is starting
(1.0/1.5/2.0).

My hosts are all either Woody or Potato (with 2.4 kernel upgrade).

Any tips would be appreciated!

Randy