[OT] Graphic distortion on monitor

Sorry for being a little bit off-topic. Since getting a good screen
display in linux is a bit tricky I hope someone else has some
knowledge about my question.

I have a Sony E400 19' display at 1600x1200@75Hz. I believe this
monitor suffers from graphic distortion. Letters and graphics resize
a lot when being dragged towards the side of the screen.

What controls, in typical monitor setup speak, would help alleviate
this problem? There is nothing like reduce graphic distortion in the
manual.

Does X have any features that I might look at to overcome this?

Bob