Re: his post is not off-topic

>>"Johann" == Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> writes:

 Johann> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 04:16:49AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Who the hell cares about sheer numbers of users out there in
 >> the wild? I sure as hell don't. If numbers had been important to me,
 >> I would not have been wasting my time on Linux.

 Johann> While I enjoyed the way this topic entered the list, I am not enjoying
 Johann> the personal attacks in this discussion.  I am one of the users you
 Johann> don't care for.  That is sad.

	Before you take umbrage, perhaps you should consult people
 more knowledgeable of the vagaries of English idiom? However, though
 I did say before that I cared not for mere numbers, and that implied
 that I would look out for the interests of people using arcane
 architectures, despite their smaller numbers, now that you have sent
 this message in, let me ask you this: Why on earth _should_ I care
 for _you_? What have you done to make me decide to spend time helping
 _you_ rather than sleeping at 3 am? Why should I make _your_ life
 easier rather than working on something that eases my life, like,
 say, working on money making software?

	What have you done to deserve my sweat, blood and tears?

	What's in it for me?

	manoj

--
 Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted
 before.