Re: rc.local in debian (was: Ip Masquerading)

* Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) [020603 16:51]:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:49:54PM +0200, Ronald Castillo wrote:
> > I was thinking that I should configure my secondary LAN card (the one
> > that connects to my "internal" network) in the /etc/network/interfaces
> > card, but I don't know what to place there.  I have already configured
> > the LAN card that connects me to the "outside world" without problems.
>
> Well, if it helps, here's an /etc/network/interfaces fragment from one
> of my machines:
>
> iface eth1 inet static
>         address 192.168.42.1
>         network 192.168.42.0
>         netmask 255.255.255.0
>         broadcast 192.168.42.255
>
> This brings up an interface using the second network card with IP
> address 192.168.42.1.

Also, you'll probably want to add a line that says
"auto eth1"
which will make eth1 come up automatically at boot, instead of only
after you say "ifup eth1". IIRC, though, that's new since after potato.

good times,
Vineet
--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml