Re: UML Modeling w/o Rational Rose

On 2002-06-03 12:34 +0000, Florentin Ionescu <florentin_ionescu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I found dia to be _much_ easier and practical to use, as opposed to Rational -
> don't miss dia2code which does a decent job.
>
> There is another tool called ToghetherJ - but AFAIK and used them, both Rational
> or Toghether do not handle well C++ but java.

I remember thinking dia was easier at some point, but somewhere along
the line I've changed my mind.  Can't remember what happened, but I
guess it's the way lines act in dia when you move a box they're
connected to.  Automatic layout, as artificially stupid it sometimes
can be, is quite nice to have after all.

TogetherJ is not free software, but yes, it's there too.  Rose can
handle C++, can't really say how well, but it can.  For some odd reason
it doesn't like to reverse engineer mozilla code without crashing... ;>

TogetherJ is focused on Java, I think.  Hard to say, I tried it some
time, but it used all the available memory and then some; it was not
usable :-/

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6