Re: UML Modeling w/o Rational Rose

On 2002-06-03 12:45 +0000, Elizabeth Barham <soggytrousers@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'd like to be able to view a UML Model that is available for download
> in Rational Rose Format from:
>
> <http://www.hl7.org/Library/data-model/RIM/modelpage_non.htm>
>
> Rational Rose is a very expensive software product and I was wondering
> if anyone else has experienced this problem (that is, wanting to view
> a Rational Rose file using free software) and how you overcame it?

I'm not sure if you can use free software to display Rose models as is.
You could, however, open the model in Rose and take a screenshot :)
And to open the model in Rose you can get an evaluation license (valid
for 30 days, or two weeks, or something like that) from Rational.

On the topic of free UML modeling software, I've tried ArgoUML and
Poseidon, but unfortunately they aren't quite comparable to Rose.  Are
there some other UML tools I've missed?  (No, dia or kuml don't count.)

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6