Re: problems with mppe and ppp in sid

G'day Arne,

I'm the PPTP Client[1] project release engineer.

As far as I know, Debian has not yet packaged a version of pppd with
mppe support.  (I'm not a Debian developer, and I haven't downloaded the
sid pppd package to verify this).  I worked around this lack by
compiling pppd myself from sources[2], and using that pppd with pptp.  I
can continue to use the Debian pppd for my other connections, because I
can start the mppe capable pppd and have it invoke pptp via the pty
option, a new feature with 1.1.

On my PPTP Client Diagnosis HOWTO page[3] you can find a cheap trick to
check to see if the pppd you have has mppe support.