Re: Debconf problem: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process

Graham Williams wrote:
> I've got myself stuck somehow with upgrading some packages (am current
> with "unstable"). After a recent apt-get dist-upgrade I now have:
>
> debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by
> another process
>
> and the various messages about
>
>   Package debconf is not configured yet.
>
> Any ideas what I've done to get myself into such a pickle? And how to
> get out of it.....

Well it seems that you have another debconf instance running somewhere.
Perhaps you're reconfiguring a package on another virtual console? Only
a running process can keep this lock held, so find it and kill it and
you should be ok.

--
see shy jo