Re: Unresolved symbols in binfmt_aout.o

> I'm a hardware guy trying to use some of the EDA tools available for linux.
> The last thing I want to do is start compiling code :). Unless this is
> easier than it sounds.
>
> My preference would be to remove binfmt_aout from the list of modules. I
> don't think I need it. Any advice on how to do that?
>
> Thanks.
> Jim

Compile a kernel, with or without Debian's make-kpkg package is easier
then it sounds but you will still need to devote some time to it,
especially since you are doing it for the first time. However you might
consider using the same kernel configuration that your Debian image
uses but without the a.out module together with make-kpkg. Hopefully
this will let you to enroll a custom kernel easily.
  Although I am not sure I believe that the fact that there should be a
binfmt_aout module is hard coded in the kernel. Therefore I believe you
want be able to completely get away of this by not compiling a new
kernel. However, since a.out format is not used much as far as I know
you might simply disregard it. I am also not sure that the problem with
this module is what keeps you from loading other modules. What happens
when you are trying to insmod some module which is not loaded?

BTW: What are the EDA tools?