Firewall verification

Hi,

I have installed Shorewall and tried to edit the configuration to my
needs. I did this by apt-getting the package and then manually editing
the various /etc/shorewall/ files. I more or less copied the sample
configuration from the shorewall website.

I have no idea if my machine is now actually safer or less safe than
before. I intend to do some reading on the basics, but just for now I
would feel more secure if I knew my setup is reasonable.

I have one pc using pppoe for a cable modem always on connection. I want
to browse the web, do mail, download by ftp and apt and perhaps small
things like accessing cddb or freedb.

I guess the output from "shorewall status" would give an indication of
the firewall setup. Would someone be willing to take a look at this
output? If so, I will post a follow-up or send it directly. Or perhaps
there is another way to do a basic check?

Thanks,
Bob