attach3...aprox 189kB

Hi
I just began posting on this list and thankfully received a lot of replies. A few of them included an atachment and most of the attachments from different people were called attach3. When I went to have a quick look at one of them it said it was of file type pgp...is this some sort of privacy thing??? What does it do, I dont wish to install anything untill I know. When I had windows going I would run it through a virus scanner and all incoming would go through zonealarm fire wall so things were pretty tight(As far as I knew). Right now running this linux machine with no virus scan and no firewall makes me feel soooooo vulnerable.....

Thanks
Arthur.