Re: question

"Ari Kay" <ari_kay@hotmail.com> writes:

> I downloaded xmakemol and it has the form *.deb.  I would like to know
> how to run the file.  I am currently working with Red Hat 7.2.

*.deb -files are similar to *.rpm files, don't know if you can
install *.deb on a *.rpm based system easily.

I know if one wants to use *.rpm in debian one has to use alien to
change the *.rpm to *.deb

Unless you have a tool to convert the *.deb to *.rpm you can't use it.

Most likely that same packages is available as *.rpm if not then you
have to use the sources to compile it for your system.

Josef Oswald oswald@chello.at
--
registered-linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org