Re: upgrading from stable to woody

Falk Hueffner wrote:

"Ted Goodridge, Jr" <tedgoodridgejr@acm.org> writes:

I know this has been asked before, but what are , in general terms, the
way of upgrading an entire system to woody?  I have to install stable
first (on an alpha...due to woody install glitches),
Hmm, what's wrong with the woody installation?

and need help finding documentation on how to do it.

edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to woody, and do apt-get
dist-upgrade

This usually works great, but for an upgrade of this magnitude (between releases), I'd strongly recommend dselect or another tool with interactive dependency negotiation. It's really helpful to be able to choose between packages providing dependencies, and to see what's Recommended and Suggested, even though dselect is a pain about Recommends... but that's another matter. :-)

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>