Re: USB-CAM

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:29:43PM +0200, Peter Holm wrote:

> Is there any tutorial of how to mount a digital camera with USB-

> I Need total guidance since i don't now anything about how to do it.

In most cases, running gphoto or gphoto2 should be what you might want
to do. For information beyond this, it would be helpful to know which
sort of camera (brand, model) you are having. Some of those probably
will work well with gphoto, others with gphoto2, and for some special
ones you will have to use even different methods of access. For you,
best would be to, first of all, check www.gphoto.net/cameras.html to see
whether your camera is actually supported. Next thing: Try to get
yourself the appropriate version (gphoto or gphoto2) onto your system,
and, if using gphoto2, you might want to get yourself gtkam as a
graphical frontend, as well (though it is not necessary, of course it
makes life a little easier with gphoto2). If you made it this far,
you're at a pretty close point to working with your camera in GNU/Linux.
For everything beyond this point, there's documentation coming with both
versions of gphoto, so you should read it - most, if not all, of what
you need to know you will find out there.

Cheers,
Kris

--
Savour what you feel and   { Kristian Rink
what you see - things that { irc:: irc.sorcery.net (kristian)