Re: activating ipchains & ip masqurading ...

On 2002.05.28 09:02 Marcus Przyklink wrote:
Cam Ellison wrote:
> * faisal gillani (fasi_74@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > i have installed debian 2.2 in my server now i want to
> > activete ipchains & ip masqurading on it ...
> > how should i do this ?
> >

> In a phrase, RTFM.  Want more detail?  Firewall HOWTO:
> /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-html/Firewall-HOWTO.html

Well, seems that he wants just ip-masquerading, then i would recommend
install a newer kernel (2.4.x) and do it with iptables. I have a
simple
script to activate ip-masquerading and let the LAN connect to the
internet:

The IP Masquerade HOWTO[1] contains information for setting up IP Masquerading under 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4 kernels. The Linux IP Masquerade Resource Web site[2] contains even more information.

HTH,
Ian
 1. http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/index.html
2. http://ipmasq.cjb.net