Re: Watch TV Card over remote X?

You can do it by logging in with a full X session using XDMCP.
I've used hummingbird exceed on Windows to log in to my Linux box
and start xawtv. It's not worth it though. The network just doesn't
have enough bandwidth to send 30 frames per second at any size in
realtime. I have 100Mbit Ethernet, and I probably only got 5-10
fps.

One thing I'm curious about though: Can you forward sound through an
X session? I think W-----s XP can send the sound through their cheap-ass
"new, incredible remote desktop," and I hate seeing them do something
we can't in an area where they're otherwise completely outclassed.
--
Nick