Re: How to unsubscribe?

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 11:13:28AM +0200, Jan Exss wrote:
> On Mon, 27 May 2002, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> > Have you got multiple email addresses, e.g. automatic forwarding from
> > one email address to another? This might confuse the issue (i.e. make
> > sure that you unsubscribe the correct one ...). You probably checked
> > this already, but better safe than sorry.
>
> My official address is jan.exss@...
> But there are several aliases that our computing center is using:
>
> jexss@...
> Jan.Exss@...
> exss@...
>
> I am sending email with my MTA directly from my virtual machine. The email
> address is then changed by exim to jan.exss@...
>
> Well, the listmaster could just remove everyhting that looks like
> "*exss*gpi.uni-karlsruhe.de". Listmaster: Do you hear me?

It's rather unlikely that the listmasters would see this message unless
you explicitly cc them (listmaster at lists.debian.org). Even then there
is a long backlog.

If you think another address might have been used, try saying
'unsubscribe jexss@gpi.uni-karlsruhe.de' or whatever rather than
'unsubscribe'.

> > > WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO BE REMOVED FROM THAT LIST? Sending an email
> > > to that list, every hour or every minute? Well, it is an option,
> > > at least. I also could send this mail every day, but double the
> > > number of copies every day. What's 2 powerd by 365 again?

That would have absolutely zero useful effect beyond causing complaints
to your university, so I don't recommend throwing a tantrum in this way.