Re: ddt-client

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 12:33:08AM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
| On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 22:44, dman wrote:
| > |
| > | I dont think it does, but I have to call them and find out for sure.  I
| > | have friends who are outside my network, but most have windows boxes.
| > | If someone would volunteer to check it for me, I would be much
| > | appreciative.  sandm.hn.org will get my ip address.
| >
| > $ host sandm.hn.org
| > sandm.hn.org has address 192.168.0.100
| >
| > That address doesn't mean the same thing for me as it does for you.
| > It's part of the class C private range of addresses.
|
| Sorry.. I updated it just before I sent the message... I forgot I had
| been manually setting the ip... its in the config now and it should
| work... thanks for trying the first time...

Here's what I get :

# nmap -P0 sandm.hn.org

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on wv-morgantown1-235.mgtnwv.adelphia.net (24.50.80.235):
(The 1550 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
110/tcp    open        pop-3
113/tcp    closed      auth

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 236 seconds

# nmap -P0 -sU -p U:1052 sandm.hn.org

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on wv-morgantown1-235.mgtnwv.adelphia.net (24.50.80.235):
Port       State       Service
1052/udp   open        unknown

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 13 seconds

This indicates that SMTP and SSH and POP should work (assuming the
higher-level protocol interaction is correct).  It also indicates
that, assuming the ddt client daemon is running, ddt should work.
HTTP might work for some hosts -- all I know is that the port is
"filtered".  It might be that all packets are DROPped in which case I
wouldn't know.

If I try to telnet to port 80 I get this odd response with no delay :

$ telnet sandm.hn.org www
Trying 24.50.80.235...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

but ping works; I don't get "No route to host" when I use it or when I
telnet to port 25.  I would have expected either an immediate
"Connection Refused" message or a delay and a "timeout" message.

HTH,
-D

--

Pride only breeds quarrels,
but wisdom is found in those who take advice.