Trouble-shooting apache-perl

So,

I recently upgraded apache to apache-perl, and am trying to get to the point where I can start experimenting with HTML::Mason. I've created an httpd.conf by starting with the file /etc/apache/httpd.conf and making changes as recomended in the mod_perl Guide[1]. I've also found a test script under /usr/share/doc/libapache-mod_perl/examples to test the configuration. However, each time I try to execute this test script, Galeon tries to download the script itself, instead of the script's output. According to the mod_perl Guide, this is the sort of behaviour that the ExecCGI option is designed to avoid[2]. I've looked over my httpd.conf and confirmed that Options ExecCGI is set for Location /perl.

Does anyone have any ideas for trouble-shooting this, to:

	1) ensure the proper httpd.conf is being loaded
	2) Apache is using the right directory for the /perl Location
	3) Ensure that ExecCGI options are being properly set

Thanx,
Ian

1) http://perl.apache.org/guide
2) http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#_Location_Configuration