Re: Comparing squid cache versus nothing

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 03:03:26PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> I'd activate cache, flush it then run an automated pull of a slew of
> sites tried against both a proxied and unproxied session.  You can get a
> list of sites (if you want to mirror your own behavior) from the squid
> cache logs themselves.

Damn, I was hoping for nice stats on both.  I kinda wish there was a
free tool for this.

> Are you trying to prove something to someone or satisfy your own
> curiosity?

Curiosity to see if its worth keeping squid duing a transparent proxy
now that our broadband came up (we were stuffed on dialup for four days
when the person in charge of getting everybody's share of rent and bill
money forgot the internet bill; when I got the connction going again,
everybody was like, "Dude, it's like being able to breathe again!").

--
Baloo