Re: problem to install Oracle9i

* Konstantin A. Loktev (loktev@bionet.nsc.ru) wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I'm trying to install the 9i release of Oracle and i get the following
> errors when run "runInstall" :
<SNIP>

Hmmm... I was hoping someone else would reply to this, so that I could
gain wisdom from someone less ignorant about these things than I... =/
But, seeing as nobody's replied to the list; you're stuck with me, lol.
I don't mean to sound flip; but have you posted this to the Oracle
Linux users list, or checked there for similar problems?  I've found
some useful information there.  I can get you the link if you need it.

I'm assuming you did all of the nasty kernel tweaks as described in the
Oracle docs?  I'd love to see your kernel's .config, btw; it would be
hugely informative, even though I'm only running the client stuff at
this point.

I'll be trying (again) to install Forms and Reports builder on my box.
I realize you're trying to install the server, but we can compare notes,
if you'd like.  You've probably got more insight into some of these
problems that I've experienced than I ;)

Drop me a reply offlist...

Cheers,
Mike Pfleger
pfleger@pfleger-precision.com