Re: hangs on boot

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 08:45:39PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> > I followed Neal Walfield's installation guide to try and get the Hurd on
> > my laptop.  When I actually tried to boot it, though, everything seemed
> > fine until it printed out "2 of 2 modules executed" or something like
> > that.  Then it just sat there.  I waited about a minute or so, but
> > nothing.  It evidently wasn't completely hung because when I hit a key I
> > got a panic, as per the documented bug on that.  There were no other
> > error messages or anything--I'm not even sure where to begin.

> Triple check the module lines for GRUB.  Could you post your menu.lst file?

I've taken the lines directly from the install doc, but here's what I'm
putting in (the -s is still there since I haven't yet succeeded in
booting it even in single-user mode, so I haven't run native-install
yet, and the line about ext2fs.static is really all on one line):

root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/gnumach.gz -s root=device:hd0s5
module /hurd/ext2fs.static --multiboot-command-line=
${kernel-command-line}
module /lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec $(exec-task=task-create)

Carson