Re: command tr

> I use tr command and rearrange the date of the file from column to row
> But there are two spares between data as follows
> Do you have any idea and I want to get one space between data
>
>  # cat file | tr '\n' ' ' > file2

First you don't need the 'cat' here.  It serves no useful purpose.  I
see a lot of people do that as a bad habit.

Second I think you want to squeeze repeated newlines and then
translate them to spaces.

  tr -s "\012" " " < file

If you need to restore a single final newline, we translated them to
spaces here, then we can use echo.

  tr -s "\012" " " < file ; echo

I am only using "\012" here since '\n' is shell specific but "\012"
works on older more traditional unix systems.  If '\n' works for you
then I would keep using it.

HTH
Bob